As IB learners we strive to be:
Registration for NEW IB students
Students interested in registering for the full diploma should be familiar with these documents.
The IB Diploma Program is offered to juniors and seniors who wish to pursue a comprehensive educational program to prepare for college
Advantages of the Full-Diploma
- Coordinated Education
- Courses all have inquiry-based focus
- Hands-on investigations
- Choice in major projects
- Common topics taught in many classes
- Coordination of due dates
- Sense of community
- Among students
- With teachers
- Second high school diploma that is recognized worldwide.
- Courses with an International focus
- Many US colleges confer course credit and other privileges to IB Diploma holders
Requirements to earn the Full Diploma
To earn the full-diploma students must:
1. Complete the following course requirements:
- Three Higher-level classes (two-year courses)
- Three Standard-level ...more
How well do CHS students do on IB assessments?
2015: 290 IB exams with an 81% pass rate (Score of 4 out of 7). We had 25 students earn the full diploma.
2016: 417 IB Exams with an 82% pass rate ...more
How many students participate in the IB program at CHS?
Currently we have 168 full-diploma candidates in the junior and senior classes. Approximately, 35% of all juniors and seniors take at least one ...more
What Universities and Colleges have CHS IB students attended? (Since 2011)
Amherst College, Azusa Pacific, Babson, Bard, Barnard, Brandeis University, Brown, Cal Poly-Pomona, Cal Poly, San Luis ...more
What makes IB different from AP?
- College credit awarded based on performance
- External assessments based on writing
- AP offers independent courses; IB offers a coordinated ...more